Home » » Elena Baltacha retirement from tennis

Elena Baltacha retirement from tennis

Written By Emile on Tuesday, November 19, 2013 | 12:37 PM

Previous British number 1 Elena Baltacha has introduced her retirement living from professional tennis with fast effect.


The 30-year-old, who shattered on the world's top rated 50 in 2010, currently is positioned 216th in the WTA rankings.

Baltacha finishes her profession after winning 11 ITF titles, when she also symbolized Team GB on the 2012 London Olympic games.

"It just feels it's the right time" Baltacha told the LTA's official website. "My body has taken a really bruising over the past 16 years and that's finally obtained its expense.

"I have had some amazing experiences through playing tennis - some incredible highs and some very low lows - and I wouldn't change any of them but now my mind and my body are telling me it's time to move on to a new phase of my life."

Baltacha reached the third round of the Australian Open twice (2005 and 2010) as well as the third round of Wimbledon (2002).


Share this article :
 
Copyright © 2013. P2P GAMES CORNER - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger